Today in the fight of bread and butter everybody is stressed. Nearly 70-80% of all our complaints are stress related. This continuous stress in person’s life could lead to mood disorders. These mood disorders can be either
- Unipolar disorder or a state of depression
- Bipolar disorder or manic depressions
- Panic and anxiety attacks
Who is more likely to get affected?
These disorders can affect the life of the person at any age but is more related to
- Personality of the person
- Major incidents in life
- Business or financial setbacks
- Loss of ambition
- Loss of loved ones
What is Unipolar Disorder?
In unipolar disorder also known as state of depression, intense sadness is felt by the person strong enough to withdraw him from pleasures in any kind of activities with lack of interest. Emotional setbacks, distressing life events, hormonal changes, genetic factors or some side effects of drugs can lead to state of depression.
In unipolar disorder or in a state of depression the person has a constant
- Feeling of sadness or hopelessness
- Lack of interest in activities
- Sluggish state of mind
- Sleep disorders-lack of sleep or sleepy all the time
- Complete loss of appetite or hungry all the time
- Recurrent suicidal thoughts
- Malaise and fatigability
What is Bipolar Disorder?
In bipolar disorder there are episodes of both mania and depression. These episodes can occur together or separately with some normal mood period in between. The person for a moment is very happy and in Euphoric state and in the other very sad and depressed.
In Euphoric state he can become
- More talkative than usual
- Feel energetic and overconfident
- Impulsive and irritable
and then again in depressive phase he has
- Lack of concentration
- Withdrawal from activities
- Sense of worthlessness
- Tiredness and fatigability
What is Panic and anxiety Attacks?
Anxiety disorders are commonly seen in adults as well as children. Life style, personality as well as major emotional setbacks in life seems to play major role in developing anxiety disorder in a person. Before starting the new thing the person may starts experiencing anticipatory anxiety with
- Trembling all over the body
- Excessive sweating
- Lack of sleep
- Stomach upsets-diarrhea/ vomiting
Many a times because of the anxiety the patients becomes so insecure that he starts doing the repetitive actions like
- Checking the door again and again before going out
- Repetitive hand was because of the fear of contamination
Role of Homeopathy in Mood Disorders
Mood disorders can be very effectively controlled using homeopathy treatment. Homeopathy looks after the cause, setbacks that have lead to these conditions as well as taking into consideration the personality of the person the constitutional medicines are been administered that helps to get rid of the complaints and one can start feeling more relax and calm. Homeopathic Medicines like Ignatia, Natrum Mur, Argenticum Nitricum, Nux Vomica and others can be very effective according to symptoms similarities of a person. Consult a Homeopathic Doctor or Homeopath for best results.